WDAD NEWS, sponsored by IRMC at Chestnut Ridge

Do you want to share this?
Fire caused by car accident


No one was hurt but a Blairsville family is without a home after a fire Friday evening destroyed it.

Fire officials say in the evening hours that a next door neighbor was backing her car up, but hit a gas meter at the home of Frank Magnone on Evans avenue in Blairsville.  Blairsville Fireman Ab Dettorre said that the gas exploded and fire went up to the eave of the house.  No one was home at the time of the fire and no one was injured.



The family is being assisted by the American Red Cross and relatives in the neighborhood.

 «  Return to previous page
 »  Send to a friend
Subscribe to channel

Leave a comment:

· Subscribe to comments
Be the first to comment here.

Get all your Hometown News

on the Hometown News App!

Scan the QR Code or download from the

iPhone App Store or Google Play!

911 Report
Hometown News
Download the app today!